Law & Accounting Offices of Stanley F. Bronstein
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
To get a price quote or more information, call us at (480)
Click Here To Send Us An Email
A Buy-Sell agreement is a written agreement between two or more owners of a business that provides a mechanism to prevent disputes BEFORE they occur.
Some critical issues that should be addressed in a Buy-Sell agreement are:
- Should the agreement apply to all owners of the business, present and future ?
- Does the agreement require someone to buy out the other, or does it simply provide an option right, or a right of first refusal?
- What happens upon the death or disability of an owner?
- How will a buyout price be determined?
- Is life insurance required or recommended to fund the possible future buyout?
- Should there be a covenant not to compete in the agreement?
The time to prepare a Buy-Sell agreement is before something happens.
This will make transitions much easier on you, your family members and your business partners by helping to prevent problems in the future.